King of Grace Church is a member of a union of churches known as Sovereign Grace Churches. Sovereign Grace Churches was founded in 1982. Originally known as People of Destiny International, this ministry changed its name to Sovereign Grace Ministries in 2003 and then Sovereign Grace Churches in 2014 after adopting a defined polity, (Polity is how a church or denomination organizes and governs itself.)
Sovereign Grace includes over 70 churches located in countries throughout the world.
Sovereign Grace is a family of churches who partner together to advance the gospel of Jesus Christ. We seek to fulfill our mission by planting and strengthening churches, training pastors, producing resources, and engaging in missions throughout the world.
While we consider all those who preach and believe the gospel to be our brothers and sisters in Christ, our beliefs can be described as evangelical, Reformed, and continuationist (read our Statement of Faith).
These are the seven values that most define and unify us as a family of churches:
- Reformed Theology
- Gospel-Centered Doctrine and Preaching
- Continuationist Pneumatology
- Complementarian Leadership in the Home and in the Church
- Elder-Governed and Elder-Led Churches
- National and International Outreach and Church Planting
- A Family of Interdependent Churches United in Fellowship, Mission, and Governance